About Me

Finding a way through the darkness

When I found out my husband had been cheating on me, I felt like the ground had opened up beneath my feet. Suddenly it felt like anything I had believed in was unsure. After some reflection I realised that I had been blind about how badly our marriage had been going, and I can't live in that lie anymore. The only way through the darkness is to leave the lies and cheating behind and start over in my life, committed to honesty in all my relationships. This blog is all about my journey through separation and divorce into my new honest life.


Latest Posts



Finding a way through the darkness

Why You Should Hire A Family Lawyer If Your Child's Other Parent Is Violating A Court Order

by Walter Porter

If you co-parent with someone who you are not in a relationship with, you might know just how hard this can be. There might be one or more court orders in place that are designed to make co-parenting go more smoothly and in accordance with the law. Your child's other parent might have been ordered to pay child support, for example, since you might have custody of the child for longer periods of time. There might also be a court order in place regarding things like custody and visitation. If your child's other parent is not following the court order, you should hire a family lawyer as soon as possible. If you're wondering why this is something you should probably do, consider the following reasons.

You Should Show You're Trying to Follow the Court Order

First of all, you don't want to be accused of not following the family court order if you are, in fact, following it. If your child's other parent has not shown up to pick up your child for visitation, for example, you probably don't want to be accused of not allowing your child's other parent to see your child. If you hire a family lawyer and show them that you have done everything possible to comply with the court order, you can help prevent these types of accusations from being a problem.

You Should Protect Your Child

If your child's other parent has been violating the court order in a way that makes you concerned about your child's safety — such as by leaving your child in the care of someone else during their visitation times — then you should take action immediately. A family lawyer can help you take the necessary steps to protect your child.

You Can Potentially Have the Court Order Amended

You might assume that nothing can be done once a court order has been put in place, but court orders can sometimes be amended. If you think that the court order needs to be amended so that co-parenting between you and your child's other parent will be more successful, you can talk to a family lawyer about this option.

You Can Be Sure You're Getting Child Support

Lastly, if the court has ordered your child's other parent to pay child support and they have not been paying, you shouldn't just ignore the situation. With the help of a family lawyer, you can take action so that you will hopefully be paid the child support that you are entitled to. For more information on family law, contact a professional near you.